Certified Executive and Leadership Coach, Speaker, Author and Entrepreneur
Cindi Basenspiler has over 20 years of dynamic experience as a leader in both for-profit and nonprofit environments, as well as serving in the US Army as a helicopter pilot and maintenance officer.
Cindi holds an MBA from the University of Colorado and a BA from the University of South Alabama. She is certified in the Gallup and EQi (Emotional Intelligence) suite of coaching assessments, SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources), PMP (Project Management Professional) and Lean Six Sigma (Process Improvement) Black Belt.
Cindi’s company, Upshot Inc., provides coaching for individuals and teams. Her coaching specialties are: Leadership, Transition and Team Performance. Each customized program helps clients attain their highest potential, while driving them to form better habits and to make life-enhancing choices.
Specialties & Expertise
- 20+ years as a line manager, department head, or CEO
- Army Enlisted/Officer veteran
- CEO of nationally recognized local nonprofit
- Veteran/Woman Business owner
- Project Management Professional Certification
- Senior Professional in Human Resources Certification
- Gallup-Certified Coach
- MHS-Certified Emotional Intelligence Coach
- MBA, Organization Development
LIVING INTENTIONALLY Keynote
- What mountain are you climbing?
- What’s at the top?
- Is it better than what you’re speeding by now?
- Are you intentional?
For: Anyone who is successful, but exhausted or at a fork in the road
EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE (EI) AT WORK Keynote or Workshop
- EI is more indicative of career and business success, than is IQ
- How does emotional intelligence propel or derail your career and your enjoyment of work (and life, in general)?
- Participants leave with actionable steps to improve their self-awareness
For: Anyone who wants to become more self-aware and develop better connections
EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE (EI) FOR LEADERS Group Workshop
- Assess and interpret participant levels of emotional intelligence
- Interactive exercises
- Pre-workshop 1:1 coaching included, aimed at better understating and improvement in areas of weakness
For: Emerging leaders and leadership-development participants
OPPORTUNITY COST OF BEING A VETERAN Keynote
- Overview of veteran statistics and trends
- My journey
- Transition challenges that are hard to shake
- What’s one thing you can do to help a veteran in transition?
For: Veterans in transition and anyone interested in supporting veteran reintegration
LEADING WITH STRENGTHS Keynote or Workshop
- Most people don’t know their strengths
- Knowing your strengths has been proven to improve your engagement at work and the quality of your overall life
- Discovering and developing your strengths positions you to do what you do best
For: Anyone. You’ll have the option to take StrengthFinder assessment prior to presentation/talk (for extra cost and extra value)
LEADING WITH STRENGTHS Team Workshop
- This workshop balances team-building with improving individual self-awareness and management, and leaves your team with actionable items for improving communication.
For: Organizations and teams. Great for new-leader on-boarding, leadership development and team morale improvement.
LEADING WITH STRENGTHS Group Workshop
- Workshop includes assessment to discover and maximize the top-5 strengths of the program’s participants.
- Discover participant strengths and be energized by participative content, improving self-awareness about each leader’s talents, blind-spots and weaknesses.
For: Emerging leaders and leadership development participants.
EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE FOR LEADERS Group Workshop
- Objectives include assessing and interpreting participant levels of emotional intelligence, with interactive exercises and 1:1 coaching, aimed at better understating and improvement in areas of weakness. Price includes 10 participants. Additional fees apply for participants in excess of 10.
For: Organizations interested in improving leadership competencies and self-awareness.
- JTEKT North America Corporation
- Union County Chamber of Commerce
- Charlotte Bridge Home
- ArtPop Street Gallery
- Good United
- Vemo Education
- TFX Capital Management, LLC