Renowned, charismatic, passionate and influential speaker with a mission to empower the next generation of leaders.
With her powerful messages, dynamic presenting style and passion for helping create leaders, Lieutenant Colonel Consuelo Castillo Kickbusch has been invited to speak, train and consult all over the United States and Puerto Rico. A native of Laredo, Texas, she received a B. S. degree in Law Enforcement from Hardin-Simmons University and earned her ROTC commission as a Second Lieutenant in the U.S. Army. She became the first woman commissioned as a ROTC officer in the state of Texas. She holds an advanced degree in Cybernetics from San Jose State University (California). Her military education includes completion of the Army Command and General Staff College and Department of Defense Program Management Executive Course. Lieutenant Colonel Kickbusch rose to be the highest-ranking Hispanic woman in the Combat Support Field in the U. S. Army. Following a distinguished military career, she retired in 1996 to pursue her dream of establishing Educational Achievement Services Inc., a training/consulting firm, to share her talents, skills and knowledge with people of all ages. She has incorporated years of leadership experience, success techniques, and motivational messages to empower them. Her leadership workshops use real-case studies and situations, thus providing a dynamic and interactive learning environment. Consuelo resides in San Antonio with her husband and five daughters.
FAMILY LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
The Family Leadership Institute (FLI) is a multifaceted educational curriculum focused on providing families with the knowledge, tools and inspiration to help their children succeed in school and in life. The Family Leadership Institute has been recognized by the Office of English Language Acquisition (OELA) Department of Education as one of the three “Best Practices” parent programs in the country.
Originally designed as a culture-specific program for parents of first- and second-generation children, the FLI program has evolved into a curriculum that helps families of diverse ethnic, racial, and cultural backgrounds grow as individuals, parents and leaders. Through a series of ten modules, parents are provided the skills, abilities, and attitudes necessary to enhance their effectiveness as role models for their children.
SLiCK STUDENT LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
SLiCK is a revolutionary, innovative, and interactive series of student leadership workshops geared towards students. SLiCK stands for Student Leadership Inspired by Consuelo Kickbusch.
The SLiCK program harnesses leadership skills within each student; skills necessary to achieve personal growth, resulting in a desire to create positive change in their lives and in their community.
SLiCK Program Objectives
- Increase academic excellence through student engagement.
- Provide students with the purpose, tools and direction necessary to achieve personal and academic success.
- Produce active student leaders who will serve their families, schools and communities with distinction and encourage other students to do the same.
- Institute leadership, pride and education as important keys to success.
SLiCK 4.0 – COLLEGE LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
The program is designed not only to inspire, but also to allow students the time to discover the true reason they have decided to pursue a college degree.
Our curriculum is highlighted by our SLiCK Educational GamePlan that will prepare your student to fully engage in all your college has to offer while becoming an exemplary student ambassador in the process. SLiCK 4.0 will allow students to discover their passion, reasons they may not be doing as well as they could be doing in college, and create a new support group that demands success of each and every of its members, the SLiCK Society.
iSHINE PROGRAM FOR YOUNG WOMEN
iShine is an innovative, strengths-based program that empowers young women with information, inspiration, and application skills to overcome the unique challenges that they, as young women face. The iShine program’s focus is to provide teens and young women with the motivation necessary to excel and shine in everyday life.
- iShine helps meet Title I, part C statutory requirements for sections 1304(c)(6); 1306(b).
- iShine is an education-related activity provided to students to help them succeed both inside and outside of the classroom.
- iShine is an evidence-based research program that has shown improvement in LEP scores, attrition, grades, and interest in college.
- iShine can be implemented as a Saturday or vacation program, after school program, or as a summer program.
BE THE ONE: ANTI-BULLYING PROGRAM
Be The One is a unique student leadership program with an emphasis on healing, diversity, and self-worth. The Be The One curriculum emphasizes that in order to lead a life of purpose, students must not be passive bystanders, but champions for themselves and their communities. The Be The One program puts a strong emphasis on healing and equipping students with the tools required to build themselves and each other up. The skills and techniques learned though this program teach students to support each other and work together to create a strong and encouraging community where leaders emerge.
Be The One workshop objectives
- Create a safe space where every student has the right to speak from the heart
- Give students the tools they need to recognize and remedy negative behaviors
- Provide students with positive role-models and a framework for personal growth, leadership development and success.
SHIFT AND RISE PROGRAM FOR YOUNG MEN
Redefining manhood to empower young, responsible leaders.
Shift & Rise is our newest educational program. Shift & Rise’s mission is to provide an enriching experience that will contribute to the personal and social development of young men.
Shift & Rise Objectives
- By the end of the program participants will have a better understanding of their past and hone a practical guide to create a brighter future.
- By the end of the program participants will have identified a variety of paths to success.
- By the end of the program each participant will have a clear understanding of how to refine their manhood to improve their lives and have a positive impact on their families, peers, and community.
- By the end of the program participants will have developed a blueprint for personal and community empowerment.