Award-winning Author and Journalist
Former Marine Corps officer
Certified Writing Instructor and Coach
Sales, Marketing and Media Relations Keynote Speaker
- Writing & Publishing
- Public Relations Marketing
Tracy Crow is a former Marine Corps officer and an award-winning military journalist. Her essays and short stories have been published widely and been nominated for three Pushcart Prizes.
Tracy is the author of
– It’s My Country Too: Women’s Military Stories from the American Revolution to Afghanistan, forthcoming March 2017;
– Eyes Right: Confessions from a Woman Marine, an award-winning memoir;
– An Unlawful Order, the military conspiracy thriller (under the pen name, Carver Greene);
– Red, White, & True: Stories from Veterans and Families, WWII to Present, a collection of true stories;
– and On Point: A Guide to Writing the Military Story, Tracy’s newest publication, which combines her skills and experience as a former Marine Corps officer, award-winning military journalist, author, editor, and professor of creative writing.
Tracy has a B.A. in creative writing from Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, Florida, and an MFA in creative writing from Queens University of Charlotte in North Carolina.
Tracy’s clients include colleges and universities, companies with sales & marketing teams, writers and writing programs and veterans/military groups.
An insightful keynote addressing the importance of values-centered leadership and how your company’s success is affected by a values-focused vision.
YOUR LIFE AS STORY
How writing leads to self-awareness and healing.
Keynote or Workshop
THINKING INSIDE THE BOX
Why today’s top leaders turn inward for the most creative solutions.
GET SMART WITH ART
Using the creative arts to enhance and sharpen our critical thinking skills in the workplace and beyond. 3-hour workshop that can also be customized to meet client’s needs.
EFFECTIVE BUSINESS WRITING SKILLS
Effective business-writing skills. 3-hour or 6-hour workshop, customized for client needs
How to write your military story & why you should. Customized Workshop or Keynote
THE CROSS GENERATIONAL IMPACT OF MILITARY SERVICE
The cross-generational impact of American military service since World War II: How customs, traditions, long separations, & loss transcend time and shape a society.
IT’S MY COUNTRY TOO!
War stories from the cross-dressers, nurses, cooks, spies, & other heroines, American Revolution to Afghanistan.
- Medtronic – keynote speaker
- South Carolina Library Alumni Association – keynote speaker
- Tampa Bay Times Festival of Reading – featured author
- Dress for Success Triangle –guest speaker/writing workshop instructor
- Professional Business Women’s Association, St. Petersburg – guest speaker
- Saint Leo University – guest speaker/lecturer
- Eckerd College – keynote speaker for Friends of the Library and featured author for Writers in Paradise
- Gettysburg College – guest speaker/lecturer
- Everest University – guest speaker/lecturer
- Association of Writers & Writing Professionals – panel presenter
- Bouchard Insurance – teaching consultant for business writing seminars and teacher-training mentorship
- Carteret Writers, Inc. – guest speaker/lecturer
- Women Marines Association – guest speaker
- North Carolina Women Veterans Summit and Expo – keynote speaker
- Granville County – keynote speaker
- Town of Butner (NC) – keynote speaker