Coach ~ Consultant ~ Speaker
Valerie, the Family Team Builder, makes growing exceptional children in powerful close-knit families doable. This martial artist Black Belt mom of 9 is a can-do certified personal trainer. She masterfully energizes fitness-oriented program attendees with targeting routines for time-stressed parents.
- Family Team Building
- Life Balance
- Health & Fitness
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Presentation Skills
- Women Veterans
Valerie is a Family Team Builder who believes, given the right tools, that parents can construct loving, productive Close-Knit Families. Valerie’s experience as an Air Force Communications Officer gave her the foundational experience of leading military teams. Integrity, accountability, respect, responsibility and conflict resolution at their best was her daily mastery. Valerie took what she learned there, tweaked it with love, and applied it, with powerful results, at home in her family team of 9 children.
Valerie made it through childhood in a Chicago ghetto to later graduate from the University of Michigan – one of few females to earn a STEM degree (Math/Science) and a commission as an Air Force office. She is an entrepreneur and an adjunct professor in business communications. Valerie earned the highest Toastmasters, International (TI) speaker designation as Advanced Communicator Gold while co-founding several TI clubs. She also served as a TI coach and mentor for female inmates at a federal prison camp. A nationally certified personal fitness trainer, she designs and leads sessions for a senior residential facility. Taking her own fitness to the next level, Valerie is a Black Belt martial artist.
BACK-TO-BASICS PARENTS BUILDING CLOSE-KNIT FAMILIES
Parenting is tough work. Having to deal with daily pressures of balancing work, family time, scholastic demands, extracurricular activities, and keeping up with your own personal schedule – and please don’t mention bills, groceries, and dealing with toddler tantrums and teenage drama.
How do you get so much done when every little thing is important? Is it even possible to maintain your own sanity while building a solid, close-knit family?
Discover how you can manage family through such unbelievable stressors, using basic and realistic team-building strategies that solidify family communications and relationships. Find out how following military and corporate team-building concepts brings success to the family unit as these workshops teach:
- Back-to-Basics parenting strategies that work
- Ways to encourage children to willingly support the family team
- Ways to keep your home reasonably organized – with every member pitching in
- How to manage Queen Time: Self-care strategies for moms
- Survival Tips for the Commuter Family (for families with a parent working/living in a distant location)
- Maintaining close connections with adult children
- Large family economics
If a business can build a winning team with mere goals and directives, your family team success is ensured as you see to build yours with more powerful love and a purposeful Close-Knit Family plan!
BEAUTY OF THE BOND: CREATING POSITIVE FAMILY CONNECTIONS FOR A LIFETIME
You once dreamed of having your own sweet family to love on and to enjoy watching grow, but has your dream transformed into nightmare with you spending all your time addressing sibling rivalries, destructive attitudes, and lack of family unity? Raising a family is tough in today’s fast-paced and less-personable world where so many influences challenge family unity.
It would be incredible if you could get most everyone on “the same page” to better connect the heart of your family. The good news is that, with a purposeful Close-knit Family plan, you can.
In this fun, high-energy time with Valerie, learn key family-bonding insights as she shares from her vast experiences as a mother of 9 children. Attendees will be equipped with invaluable tools as they learn:
- Ways to honor and celebrate the uniqueness of each family member
- How to encourage reasonable sensitivity between siblings
- Projects to undertake that build family unity
- Keys to open positive and edifying communications between siblings
- Effective conflict resolution strategies
- Productive ways for parents to interact with and around their children
- How to avoid damaging relational bonds when raising children
- Establishing healthy and rewarding relationships with adult children
BUFF THE BODY: SENSIBLE FITNESS STRATEGIES FOR THE BUSY PARENT **
Making time to exercise when you are already maxed out as a parent can be a lofty goal, especially when you barely have 15 minutes on most days. You empty yourself into both family and life demands which leave you with barely enough energy to crawl into bed at night.
Do you ever wonder how you could make slight adjustments to your day to maintain a strong and healthy body, with vigor to withstand parenting challenges? Wouldn’t it be good to know what specific doable exercises exist to help you maximize whatever little time you have, regardless of your fitness state?
Find out how you can build and maintain a stronger and healthier body in short segments on any day when your time is limited. Understand the basics behind exercise components and how to combine and avoid exercises to prevent injury while maximizing results – all within your own home without expensive equipment. What you learn from this program:
- Ways to avoid common pitfalls/disappointments regarding fitness
- How to shift from negative to more positive attitude about exercise
- Nutrition-based strategies to balance the fitness equation
- Natural approaches helping relieve body discomforts in fitness
- Understanding the full equation of fitness for greatest results
- Devotion in Motion routines (faith-based program)